Android - BT Internet mail setup

On this page you'll find the BT Internet mail settings for Android. Besides an overview with the imap and pop3 server mailsettings for BT Internet, we offer you a comprehensive guide for setting up your BT Internet email on a Android device.

The exact steps may vary by model, but all the settings can to be found here. If you don't succeed or you think something is not right, do not hesitate to ask your question at the bottom of the page!

Mail settings BT Internet

POP / IMAP pop3
Incoming server mail.btinternet.com
Incoming port 110
SSl (security) incoming none
Outgoing server mail.btinternet.com
Outgoing port 587
SSL (security) outgoing none
Requires sign-in yes

Go to your mail app, choose settings and add a new email account.1
Choose pop3.3
Please enter your full BT Internet email address and password. Then select "Manual Setup".4
Enter the following information in the incoming settings screen:5

Outgoing port: 587
Security type: none
Authorisation required: yes
Username: email
Password: your email-password

Choose 'next'.

Enter your preferences in the following screen and give the account a personal name. Congratulations, your e-mail has been se7

Did we help you?
Give us a plus-one!

Q&A

Ask something or provide an answer!

Followed steps above for POP3 set up on Galaxy S4 but received message Unable to set up account authentication failed. Same result with IMAP!!!!!

Walter Cairns 19-04-2015 12:18

Trying to set up new account.
Followed steps to no. 5. There is another Question to delete email from server Answer When Indelete from Inbox or Never. No matter which option I chose it said "Couldn't open connection server"

Isabel Davidson 21-12-2016 21:37

Hi I am trying to save the out going server settings to my Sony tablet Idont have the Done option to save Can yu help

Jake Stewart 18-11-2016 15:49

I can download and send messages from my bt account to my Samsung Galaxy Tab but when I am travelling and use a public wifi it performs very strangely.
It deleats all the all messages in the inbox and then starts to download them again. If I have a lot of messages (say over about 60-70) it will not download them and hangs up. I have to go to bt Yahoo server and manually delete all the unwanted messages already stored on the home computer and the rubbish.
Any ideas please.

Gay Jacob 13-09-2016 20:24

Any ideas please.

Gay Jacob 14-09-2016 16:08

Tried to rest Ports incoming 995 outgoing 465 both SSL
Message no response from server ????

John Saville 20-10-2016 14:45

Trying to set up my gallaxy3 for my e/mails your format above won't work auhtentiction failed

Steve Brown 29-07-2016 15:09

can receive and sent emails from samsungS2 8 but address book is missing how can i retrieve it

pauline johnson 03-01-2017 16:45

Please connect me from my phone to my ipad

Jackie collison 01-08-2016 17:22

I have a Motorola 3g my email has ceased to work the process you show is not correct as I still cannot access my email please advise note my. Mobil only accepts calls from my contacts from the phone.

James Drummond 09-01-2017 01:12

Any ideas please.

Gay Jacob 13-09-2016 20:34

Any ideas please.

Gay Jacob 13-09-2016 20:19

.trying to set up btinternet with android only

ian.pollock 22-04-2016 19:55

completely wrong settings here, servers are mail.btinternet.com for both incoming and outgoing
imap incoming is 995
pop3 incoming is 995

both outgoing servers are 465

ensure ssl is selected for both servers

Work in email support so know these work

Dave 02-03-2016 17:14

Tony Gilbert 12-12-2015 17:56

although my email accouunt is set up omn my phone it suddenly wont receive messages and a message appears saying no connection

jill loates 11-07-2016 15:36

I set up my btinternet email using the auto set up on my Samsung Galaxy tab A. The problem is that read emails disappear from my inbox i.e. I can only see unread emails in my inbox. What do I need to change to retain read emails in my inbox?

Catherine 22-04-2016 01:26

+12

My email used to work and I haven't changed anything. I have followed the POP3 instructions for my Samsung Galaxy Young and it is still coming up with error unable to connect to server to verify account information. Any ideas?

Vicki Darnell 18-12-2015 11:47

+15

Have had no problem with receiving incoming emails on my hudl2, but tried all recommendations to sort outgoing, but no luck. Grey moment?

Colin Fletcher 09-02-2015 20:58

+16

Set up my email details on my hudl. Can't get rid of historical spam which appears as Bulk emails. Any way to delete in their entirety and block for future?

John Atkinson 10-10-2014 14:35